Stepping Stone Homes has the unique position of having most of our Team Members come from many years – and in most cases – decades of new construction experience. From our Construction Manager and Purchasing Manager to our Design Team and Project Manager, each has a unique perspective of how quality is so important to our approach of building homes. And together, we produce houses that stand the test of time.
Whereas most builders use 2×4’s on their outside walls, we use 2×6 studs to create stronger, sturdier walls.
Also, all our walls in the home are built 16” on center instead of the typical 24” on center others use to save on lumber and labor costs. Again, a much sturdier wall and easier for you when searching for studs to hang shelves in the future.
We include a handful of amenities that most builders do not. These include but are not limited to:
- Solid core inside doors (vs hollow core) – sturdier and help with sound.
- Soft close kitchen doors and drawers – cleaner look and less noisy.
- 1st floor box sills are spray foam insulated – less air leaking than fiberglass batts.
- Water Softener loop is built in at construction – ready to add a water softener at any time in the future.
- Quartz counters installed instead of granite – sealed & more durable surface.