We are actively seeking a leader and an experienced purchasing manager for our growing & dynamic New Construction team! In this position, you will be responsible for managing vendors and sourcing equipment, goods, and services. You will create budgets, perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals, and find more profitable suppliers.
Must enjoy working for a small, yet rapidly growing firm with high standards for accuracy and excellence in their work. The ideal candidate will enjoy working for a company that values work/life balance, a positive and fun environment, and will be joining a great team of other professionals who are dedicated to their work but also know how to keep it light and have fun. A company that embodies the values of a small company with the systems and process-oriented nature of a corporation.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
- Manage products, vendor contracts and vendor relationships
- Work with Newstar Systems Manager on developing program models.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Negotiate and close deals with optimal terms
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration
- 5+ years of Purchasing and Managing experience
- New Construction experience preferred
- Solid judgement and sound decision-making skills
- Process driven
- Ability to sit for 8 hours per day.
- Business casual, fun and positive, dynamic and fast paced
- Monday through Friday
At HPF, our people are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed in their career, as well as to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We offer the following:
• Competitive income opportunities
• Dollar for dollar matching retirement program
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• EAP plan
• Discounts on homes, appliances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay based on experience. We ask that interested candidates submit their resume by replying to this ad.
HPF will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. HPF is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com